Attendance Ticket Only on Tuesday Mornings
Tuesday 15th,22nd Nov,6th and 13th Dec
10:00AM to 12:30 PM
Location: The Studio at Three Gates Garden Centre and Nursery, The Naul Co.Dublin.
This class requires attendees to bring the required materials and flowers with them for the class. Alternatively, flowers and materials can be purchased at the Garden Centre for an additional cost.
This is a sequence of four classes. Purchase of this Ticket is Valid for all Four Classes.
Equipment Required to bring by Students
- 1 secateurs
- 1 wire cutters
- Pair of scissors for cutting ribbon
- Paper/plastic coated wire
- Glue gun (if possible, there’ll be limited glue guns here)
- Make a holly wreath for the front door either with holly, berries, baubles and a good ribbon.
- Make a wreath for the front door out of Christmas foliage and out of Christmas presents and baubles. Important that the Christmas tree is non-shed, and you’ll need cling film
- Making an artificial wreath – straw base, one garland which will be cut up, bow and baubles or decorations of your choice to go with your scheme for the front door
Students will attempt one of the following or 2 if they feel adventurous.
- Making an arrangement for your mantelpiece which uses a long tray, 3 blocks of Oasis, Christmas tree foliage non–shed, ivy, holly, baubles, and Xmas decorations of your choice.
- Making an artificial mantelpiece arrangement which includes a garland, dried Oasis, triple block tray, Xmas pics and decorations. The beauty of this design is that when you make it it will last indefinitely.
- Lantern arrangement which uses a round ring and a lantern in the middle of it and uses Xmas tree foliage, holly, ivy, and artificial pics. Arrangement suitable for welcoming for a hall/front window
- Christmas scene – Using a piece of wood, carol singers, holly, ivy, artificial berries and poinsettias and artificial decorations of your choice
- Decorative collar table arrangement (good for a Xmas dinner table, hall or coffee table) – 1 floral foam cake dummy (25 cm diameter), plate or charger large enough for cake dummy, a piece of bronze net double the height of the cake dummy plus 100 mm and long enough to go around the circumference, metallic wire, long mossing pins, sisal, beads on wire, decorative pins, optional –wool, decorative pins, ribbon or light weight material, a mixture of bushy short foliage, e. g. pittosporum, hebe, Cupressus, holly, an assortment of small flowers, e. g. chrysanthemum, eryngium, small roses, optional – berries, small cones (wired), seasonal baubles, battery tea light candles and holders
- Making a traditional arrangement for the hall with a Santa or Carol Singers as a prop using holly, ivy, Xmas tree foliage, a round tray, berries, cocktail sticks, kebab sticks, baubles, and glue, with the idea that you’d be sticking the baubles in the kebab sticks for height, artificial snow and cotton wool – all to sit on a round tray
- Arrangement suitable for a gift for Xmas – round or square container big enough to hold half a block of Oasis, suitable flowers, e. g. roses, carnations, chrysanths, baubles, Xmas pics, glue, moss, cotton wool, some festive foliage, e. g. holly, ivy
If you bring your own mug then tea will be provided also.